Grammarly download free – The latest version 2023
- Operating system:
- Windows, Mac, iOS, Android
- Developer Name:
- Data Entry and Editing Tools
How to download Grammarly for free
- Go to the official Grammarly download page.
- Click Get Grammarly, It’s Free to get the installation file.
- Double-click on it after the download is complete to start the installation wizard.
- If you already have a Grammarly account, log in. If you don’t have an account, click Create Account.
- To create a free account, enter your email address, password, and name. You can also sign in with a Gmail or Facebook account.
- When you are finished registering, click Open Grammarly, and the corresponding popup window will appear.
- Grammarly works in the background. When you start typing text on a website or in an app, a widget will appear in the right corner of the input field.
The free version of Grammarly alerts you to common grammar and spelling mistakes in real time. It does a better job than basic spell checking because it also looks for punctuation and grammatical errors and more.
Grammarly can check text in American, British, Canadian and Australian English. This comes in handy if you need to write a message in different variants of the language. Grammarly also knows the rules for commas and periods in different countries (e.g. inside or outside quotation marks).
The free version of Grammarly allows you to make your texts more literate. It checks all the basics, such as grammar, spelling and punctuation. It also highlights unnecessary words and phrases to make your writing more concise.
You can use Grammarly in two ways. For example, hover your cursor over the highlighted word. This will open a small pop-up window with a suggested fix.
Alternatively, you can click the widget in the bottom right corner of the input box to open a sidebar with all the corrections. In both cases, you can make changes by simply clicking the green button and accepting the fix. If you do not agree with the correction, you can reject it or add the unknown word to your personal dictionary.
Two uses for Grammarly
Grammarly can detect the tone of your writing so you understand how it sounds to readers. This is useful if you are trying to write in a friendly tone and Grammarly recognizes more professional speech. Reread your text and see if you’re using business terms that have no place in colloquial speech. Or perhaps you’re putting in abstruse words that may put off some readers.
Set goals with Grammarly
Grammarly takes an interesting approach to help you develop. You can set goals and get points for your work instead of just correcting mistakes. To set a goal, click on the goal icon at the top of the sidebar and go to Goal.
You can set goals by audience, formality, scope, tone, and text purpose. Grammarly will make corrections based on your goals and show you how to achieve them. Your text grade depends on how well you met your goals.
Is it worth buying Grammarly Premium?
You can see for yourself if the premium version of Grammarly is worth your money.
If you open the sidebar of Grammarly, you’ll see how many additional fixes will be offered in the paid version. And these are not spelling or grammar corrections, but more complex edits like passive voice design, correcting complex sentences, uniform spelling and punctuation, formatting, and more.
Compatible with Word
Grammarly can be used in more than just websites and applications. The plug-in for Microsoft 365 works in Word and allows you to integrate the Grammarly editing tool into Word. Grammarly for Word works just like the online version. The editor will display a sidebar with all the fixes. You can customize the types of corrections available using the buttons on the Word toolbar.
Select the types of corrections to be displayed in Grammarly for Word
If Grammarly doesn’t work for you, uninstall the program in a few simple steps.
- Type Add or Remove Programs in the Windows search bar and press Enter.
- Find Grammarly in the list of installed programs and click Uninstall.
- The uninstall wizard will ask you to confirm that you want to remove the program. When you click OK, it will be erased from your computer.
Free alternatives to Grammarly
- Microsoft Editor: the most recent version of Microsoft 365 includes an updated Microsoft Editor that checks spelling, grammar and tone of writing. You can choose your writing style, and it adapts corrections accordingly.
- InstaText: The handy InstaText program displays suggestions for improving vocabulary, correcting grammar and spelling errors. It will help you improve your style to reach the level of a professional writer.
Can I use Grammarly for free?
You can download a completely free version of Grammarly which does a great job with basic grammar and spelling mistakes.
Is the Grammarly app safe?
The developers of Grammarly take every precaution to protect the content uploaded to the servers. They use standard encryption and a strong firewall.
In addition, I have checked Grammarly installation file and found no spyware, ransomware or viruses. Remember, you should only download Grammarly from the official website and do not use any hacked versions.
Can Grammarly fix all grammatical errors?
Grammarly is not a bad program, but it’s not perfect. It’s still worth reviewing your text for errors Grammarly may have missed. And consider that if Grammarly has underlined a word or sentence with a wavy line it does not mean you have to correct it.