Hotspot Shield Overview
Hotspot Shield creates a virtual private network (VPN) between your device and the service’s Internet gateway.
This impenetrable tunnel prevents intruders, hackers, and ISPs from trying to spy on your activity when browsing the Internet, exchanging online messages, downloading files, entering credit card information, or transferring any other data online.
Hotspot Shield VPN vs. Web Proxy and anti-virus software
VPN clients offer similar privacy protection and the benefits of accessing websites as a Web proxy. However, VPN clients like Hotspot Shield offer you a much higher level of security and privacy protection than a web proxy.
Standard antivirus software protects your computer, but not your online activities. The Hotspot Shield VPN app provides a secure connection to the Internet, keeping it private and anonymous.
Finally, the free VPN service provides protection for your home and public network connections (wired and wireless). The client works on PC, Mac, Android, iPhone and iPad devices and is compatible with the latest desktop (Windows 8 and Mountain Lion) and mobile operating systems.
The Hotspot Shield VPN app is free to download and is easy to install and use.
Features of Hotspot Shield VPN
The main features of Hotspot Shield VPN are
- Access any site – blocked access to YouTube or Facebook at school or work? When you use Hotspot Shield VPN app, you can unblock YouTube, Facebook or any other sites from anywhere in the world.
- Protect your IP address – The VPN client allows you to protect your IP address so you can visit websites anonymously and prevent hackers and spammers from monitoring your online activity.
- Anonymous Internet browsing – By creating an encrypted tunnel between your computer and Hotspot Shield’s servers, the VPN client allows you to browse the web anonymously without being tracked or spied on.
- Protect yourself from spies and hackers when using public WiFi networks in hotels, airports, and offices with WiFi security.
- Protect your web sessions – Protect your data, online shopping, and personal information online with HTTPS encryption.
- Protect your devices from malicious attacks – the latest version of Hotspot Shield offers full malware protection.
Hotspot Shield VPN overview
- Hotspot Shield – preserve your privacy when you connect via free Wi-Fi hotspots, as well as wired and wireless home or public networks.
- Hotspot Shield is a utility that works based on technology that allows you to provide one or more network connections (logical network) over another network (VPN). The utility acts as a web shield and protects against Internet surveillance.
- Hotspot Shield is equipped with a strong encryption mechanism that allows you to protect your web sessions, particularly personal information, various kinds of data.
- The utility hides your IP address and creates a secure channel of information exchange, which comes in handy if you connect to the Internet via public Wi-Fi hotspots.
Hotspot Shield is an excellent choice for those who want to protect their anonymity while visiting websites on the Internet. The Internet Service Provider (ISP) will not be able to access your personal data, history of visiting websites, all connections will be made through the secure protocol HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure). Thanks to the connection using this protocol, you can browse the web without fear that you will be tracked and be sure that all your data you exchange via communication services – text, voice, video chats – will be protected.
Installing Hotspot Shield is easy, however, when you install it, it will prompt you to install third-party software – a web browser bar. It is also recommended to read the license agreement, which states that the program is provided in exchange for the user’s ability to introduce extraneous advertising on open web pages, thus changing their content. The advantage of Hotspot Shield can be considered low requirements for computer system resources, the utility does not load the computer, it can be safely run even on older machines.
Hotspot Shield has been running without a graphical user interface (GUI) for a long time, which has been very inconvenient for users. Now using the GUI allows users to quickly connect and disconnect protection, making the necessary settings that allow to set the level of network protection – the user can set an alert-alert on connection to the network, an unknown network.
Hotspot Shield’s powerful encryption algorithm protects against surveillance, allowing web connections to be secured at the highest level.