Windows 10 Highly Compressed Overview
How to download Windows 10 original image This step-by-step instruction details 4 ways to download Windows 10 x64 and 32-bit, Professional, Home or other version as an original ISO image to create a bootable flash drive, install on your computer or laptop or other purposes.
The downloadable Windows 10 image offered by the proposed methods is completely original and can be used to restore a licensed version of the system on your device. If you do not have a digital license or product key, you can also install the OS on your computer or laptop and use it without activation. Also might be useful: How to download Windows 11 and Windows 10 from Russia in 2023 without VPN (original ISOs) ,How to download original ISOs of Windows 10 old versions.
- The standard way to download Windows 10
- How to download Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft website without programs
- Downloading Windows 10 with Rufus
- TechBech by WZT
- Video user guide
The official way to download Windows 10 x64 and x86 with Installation Media Creation Tool
In order to download the original Windows 10 ISO image, Microsoft offers to use its own utility Media Creation Tool – a tool for creating installation drives, which, among other things, allows you to make a simple download of the system image. In this case, download the latest version of Windows 10 with a choice of 64-bit and 32-bit systems, and ISO image contains both Home (Home) and Professional (Pro) versions of the system. The procedure consists of the following steps:
- Go to https://www.microsoft.com/ru-ru/software-download/windows10 and click “Download Tool Now” (keep in mind that the download is currently blocked for RF, use the methods from this article), once the Media Creation Tool is downloaded, run it.
- After a period of preparation of the utility, accept the license terms and then – select “Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD or ISO file) and click “Next”. Download Windows 10 in Media Creation Tool
- In the next step you can choose which Windows 10 to download – to do this uncheck “Use recommended settings for this computer” and select language, edition (we choose Windows 10 – it contains all available editions of the system for users) and bit rate in the “Architecture” item. Click Next. Configuring settings in the Media Creation Tool
- Specify whether you want to download Windows 10 as an ISO file for further self-administration, or create a bootable flash drive on the connected drive (the data will be deleted from it). Start downloading the Windows 10 ISO image to the MCT
- If you select “ISO file” you will also need to specify where to save the image.
After these steps, you just have to wait until the Windows 10 image is fully downloaded to your computer and then use it the way you want.
How to download the original Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft’s website without any software
There is a method that allows you to download Windows 10 from the official site without downloading Microsoft utilities, but it is hidden from Windows users, nevertheless its use is possible (for RF in 2023 – only with VPN):
- Go to the official download page https://www.microsoft.com/ru-ru/software-download/windows10 in your Chrome-based browser (Google Chrome, Opera, Yandex Browser).
- Right-click in a blank space on the page and select “View code” (sometimes may be called differently, such as “Verify object”). Check the object on the Windows 10 download site
- The debugging console will open, in it find the button for mobile device emulation mode (marked in the screenshot) and click on it, and above the page itself, select a mobile device. Enable mobile device emulation
- Refresh the page in your browser: its appearance will change. Under “Select a release”, select “Windows 10” and click “Confirm”. Selecting a release of Windows 10 to download
- In the next step, specify the product language, for example, Russian and click “Confirm”.
- Download Windows 10 – 64-bit or 32-bit from the official Microsoft website. Download the original ISO of Windows 10 x64 or 32-bit
As a result, we did not need the Media Creation Tool, and the download process is likely to go faster than in the first case: since, apart from the Windows 10 ISO image, nothing additional will be downloaded to the computer.
Note: if you open the same official page from a phone or computer where an operating system other than Windows is installed, then the download of the image directly will be available without the described manipulations.
Downloading Windows 10 with Rufus
Very many people use the program Rufus to create a bootable flash drive, but not everyone knows that the latest versions of this program also allow you to download Windows 10 ISO, and the original image is downloaded from the official site.
Downloading Windows 10 image in Rufus
The desired item is located in the same place where the button “Select”, just click on the arrow next to the button and change the item to “Download” and then click on the button. Read more: How to download Windows 10 with Rufus.
Using TechBench by WZT
Earlier on Microsoft’s website there was a TechBench section for easy download of ISO images, but later on they abolished this section. Now the TechBech counterpart is available as a separate site https://tb.rg-adguard.net/public.php?lang=ru-RU.