Xpadder is a program for emulating keyboard and mouse by pressing buttons on game controllers in Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10 (32 and 64 bit). The application supports almost all range of gamepads connected to your PC via USB-connection. The program interface has a Russian translation.
HOW DO I CONFIGURE XPADDER?
Most gaming device emulators work in the opposite direction (unlike Xpadder), allowing you to control a joystick game with your mouse and keyboard. In contrast Xpadder makes it possible to control any PC game using the USB controller you have, be it a SP/Xbox joystick, a steering wheel with pedals, or a steering wheel.
The way the Xpadder utility works is as follows:
- The program intercepts the signal (the user’s button presses) from the gaming device.
- According to the user’s settings, the captured signal is transformed into a keyboard/mouse button press or mouse cursor movement.
- The game running on the computer receives a command from the keyboard/mouse and executes the corresponding command.
So, when it comes to gameplay only, Xpadder allows you to control any PC game with joystick, steering wheel, and any other gaming device. Moreover, it is possible to control not only games, but any applications in general – multimedia players, browsers, messengers, etc.
If necessary you can use your gamepad to control various system functions, which can be activated by pressing keyboard shortcuts or multimedia keys, for example to adjust the volume, to launch an e-mail program, to call the “Task Manager” and many others.
WHY IS XPADDER NEEDED?
Of the functionalities of Xpadder we should note:
- Convenient operation of the program thanks to the visualization of the gamepad setup process (the screen displays an interactive image of the selected game controller with signed animated buttons).
- Support for Force Feedback – haptic feedback of the game controller (for example, vibration of the joystick).
- Support for wireless Bluetooth game controllers.
- Support for keyboard/mouse emulation from 16 gaming devices simultaneously (i.e. support for multiplayer games or game control by multiple players).
- Possibility to create, save and then load unlimited number of profiles with settings (saved profiles can be shared with friends or vice versa, use other profiles on your computer).
- Possibility to create global hotkeys for controlling any programs running in the background mode by means of gaming devices.
Besides gamepads Xpadder also supports all kinds of rhythm controllers (imitators of musical instruments – drums, guitars, etc.), dance platforms (dancespads) other specialized gaming and entertainment USB devices.